Egg and Rice Casserole
- ¾ cup instant brown rice
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped mild green chiles
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cholesterol-free egg substitutes or 4 eggs
- 2 ounces 2% shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup pico de gallo
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and stir in green onions and cumin. Spoon into shallow 8-inch square nonstick cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Top rice mixture evenly with green chiles and salt. Pour egg substitute evenly over all and bake 30-35 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over all. Bake 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into 4 squares. Serve with pico de gallo and lime wedges.