Frittata with Spaghetti and Vegetables
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1(8-ounce) package thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks, white and green parts
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 2 cups cooked whole-grain spaghetti
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat large ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and leeks; cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until browned.
- In large bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir in greens, spaghetti and mushroom mixture.
- Coat same skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Add egg-pasta mixture; stir to combine with mushrooms. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until top is set.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Sprinkle mozzarella over frittata; broil about 5 inches from heat for 3 minutes or until browned. Cut into wedges. Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for another meal.