Fruit and Vegetable Siesta Salad
- 2 cups light-packed canned pineapple chunks, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- In large bowl gently stir together pineapple, peppers, onions, cucumber, celery and tomatoes.
- In small bowl, whisk together ½ cup reserved pineapple juice, lime and chili powder. Whisk in olive oil and black pepper. Add hot sauce as desired.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.