Garden Penne Salad
- 4 ounces uncooked whole-grain penne pasta
- 1 (15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups diced green bell peppers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add beans during the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, place large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook peppers for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta and beans. Place on serving platter. Sprinkle with basil. Spoon pepper mixture evenly over the top, and then top with the cheese.
Makes 4 servings.