Ginger-Spiced Pumpkin Pie (for diabetes)
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies
- ¼ cup butter-oil blend, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid-packed pumpkin
- 1 cup canned evaporated skimmed or 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crushed cookies and margarine-butter blend in medium bowl. Mix well. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch glass plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat egg whites and brown sugar in large bowl. Add pumpkin, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Mix well. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, or until center is set. Transfer pie to wire rack and cool 30 minutes. Makes 8 servings.