Good Morning Frittata
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 (6-ounce) can ripe olives, drained and halved
- ½ cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced into ¼ -inch strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, basil, milk and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and onions; cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Mix in 1 cup olives and bell peppers. Remove from heat and stir into egg mixture.
- Pour egg and vegetable mixture into the skillet. Turn heat to medium-high and cook for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are set on bottom.
- Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining olives. Place frittata in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Cool slightly before cutting into 6 wedges.