Grilled Vegetable and Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 large zucchini squash, cut lengthwise into 8 (½-inch) slices
- 4 slices sweet onion
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into lengthwise quarters
- 4 tablespoons Caesar dressing, made with olive oil
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 8 (1-ounce) slices 2% cheese
- Prepare grill, heating to medium. Brush both sides of vegetables with 2 tablespoons dressing. Place vegetables on grill; cook for 5 minutes. Turn and grill for 5 minutes.
- Brush both sides of bread lightly with remaining 2 tablespoons dressing. Place bread on grill, and grill for 2 minutes until toasted. Turn bread to toast the other side.
- Place cheese on 4 slices of the toasted bread. Top with grilled vegetables, then a second slice of cheese, and then a slice of toasted bread.
Makes 4 sandwiches.