- 1½ pounds regular or rainbow carrots, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- ½ tablespoon coriander seed
- ½ tablespoon sesame seed
- 1 teaspoons cumin seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lemon wedges
- Peel carrots if needed. Cut any large carrots in half lengthwise.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil. Place carrots in single layer in the pan. Drizzle and toss with olive oil. Roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- In small skillet, toast the hazelnuts over medium heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add coriander, sesame and cumin seeds to the skillet. Heat for 2 minutes, then transfer to the another bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle, grind the toasted seeds until coarse consistency. Add the nuts and black pepper and grind slightly.
- Remove carrots from oven. Toss with honey. Sprinkle the nut-spice mixture over all and roast another 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 6 servings.