Italian Skillet Stack
- 4 ounces uncooked dry whole wheat spaghetti, broken into thirds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 8ths lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ (15.5-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 can diced tomatoes in sauce
- 3 ounces shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt or fat.
- While pasta cooks, place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Coat with cooking spray. Add zucchini and peppers. Coat vegetables with cooking spray and cook for 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat. Add beans, olives and basil. Cover and set aside.
- When pasta is cooked, drain well and toss with vegetable mixture in the skillet. Spread sauce evenly over vegetable-pasta mixture, using a spatula or back of a spoon. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and place over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until cheeses melt. Do not stir.
Makes 4 servings.