Kale and Beet Tart
- 1 small red onion
- 1 (7-ounce) package cooked beets, found in the produce section
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole-grain roll-out pizza crust
- 1½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups chopped fresh baby kale
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut onion into thin slices.
- Place beets on paper towel and pat dry. Cut into thin wedges.
- In mixing bowl, mix together onions, beets and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Pour onions and beets in single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place pizza dough on rectangular baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 5 minutes in oven. Remove.
- In large skillet heat remaining olive oil. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add kale and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove vegetables from oven. Top crust with sautéed kale, vegetables and cashews. Bake in oven for 12 minutes.