Lemon Pound Cake with Strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon pound
- 3 pints strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In medium bowl stir together sour cream, milk, sugar, oil, egg, lemon juice and lemon peel. Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool 20 minutes before removing from pan; cool completely before serving.
- Slice the strawberries into a bowl. Sprinkle lightly with sugar or sugar substitute.
- Slice cake into 16 slices and top each serving with strawberries.