Mediterranean Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- 1 (12-ounce) can solid white tuna, packed in water, drained
- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 pieces Romaine lettuce
- In medium bowl, combine tuna, onion, mayonnaise, olives, lemon juice, mint, olive oil, pepper and garlic powder.
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with tomato slice and lettuce leaf. Divide tuna salad evenly between the 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut each sandwich in half to serve.