Mediterranean Veggies with Navy Beans and Penne
- 4 ounces multigrain penne pasta
- 1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 ounces shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add navy beans during the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil to heat. Add peppers and zucchini. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic; cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes and basil; bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place pasta and bean mixture on serving platter. Pour vegetable mixture over the pasta and beans. Sprinkle the top evenly with mozzarella cheese and then Parmesan cheese.