Mini Potatoes with Caramelized Onions
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ cups very thinly sliced red onions
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 new potatoes, pierce several times with a fork
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sugar; cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Add vinegar; cook 15 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, microwave potatoes on high 7-8 minutes or until fork-tender. Cut each potato in half lengthwise and place on platter cut side up.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and top with blue cheese. Place equal amounts of onion mixture onto potatoes. Cool to room temperature before serving. Makes 6 servings.