Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup softened stick butter or no-trans-fat margarine
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 36 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Combine granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; set aside.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, remaining cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda; mix well.
- In large bowl, beat together pumpkin, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Spoon scant tablespoonful batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 2 minutes.
- Working one at a time, dip each doughnut into cinnamon-sugar mixture, turning to coat evenly. Return to wire racks; let stand until set.