Mini Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (20-ounce) package lean ground turkey breast
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat cheese: blue, goat, feta, etc.
- Torn lettuce leaves
- 12 whole wheat mini sandwich buns, split
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently for 3 minutes. Reduce temperature to medium; cook onions for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix garlic salt into ground turkey. Divide turkey into 12 equal portions, shaping each into small patties.
- Heat large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat. Cook burgers uncovered in batches, about 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Mix together mustard and cheese in small bowl. Place lettuce leaves on bottom of buns; top with burger, then mustard-cheese and onions, and then the top of bun.