Mixed Greens with Dressing
August 2, 2016
By: Rita P. Smith, MS, RD, CDE, Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head radicchio, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch arugula, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- In jar with lid place all dressing ingredients. Shake well to combine.
- Place all salad ingredients, except pine nuts, in large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss. Serve on salad plates. Sprinkle pine nuts on each serving.
Makes 6 servings.