- ½ ripe banana, mashed
- 2 heaping tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup skim, soy or almond milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
Optional toppers: slivered almonds or chopped pecans, dried raisins or cranberries, honey, frozen berries, toasted coconut, nut butter, spices (cinnamon, ginger, allspice)
- Preparation the night before: mash ½ a banana and place in storage bowl. Stir in the chia, oats, cinnamon, milk, and water until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning: Scoop the oat mixture into a medium pot. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat immediately to medium-low, and stir frequently until heated throughout and thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in flaxseed.
- Pour cooked oats into bowl. Garnish with your desired toppings.