Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 1½ cups quick-cooking dry oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 medium egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ large apple, cored and finely chopped (¾ cup)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl stir together oats, flour, wheat bran, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together canola oil, egg, vanilla and brown sugar. Whisk until well-blended. Fold in apples and raisins and stir until blended.
- Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Spoon cookie dough onto cookie sheet, forming into mounds. Keep 1-2 inches apart. Bake 7 minutes or until almost set and slightly firm to touch. Do not cook longer.
- Remove from oven. Let stand 2 minutes before removing to cooling racks. Makes 16 cookies.