- 1 cup instant oats, measured by scooping into the cup
- ¾ cup whole wheat or white wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ finely grated carrots
- In medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the oil, egg and vanilla. Stir in maple syrup until thoroughly blended.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the carrots.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop cookie dough using a cookie scoop onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes – slightly undercook because the cookie will continue to cook after removed from the oven. Cool for at least 15 minutes on the baking sheet before placing on wire rack. Store in container with tight lid.