Orangey Chicken with Carrots
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1 pound total
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced carrots (from 3 medium)
- Grated peel of 1 fresh orange
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Rinse chicken breast and pat dry.
- Combine oregano, paprika, and garlic powder in small bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and heat. Swirl to coat the skillet. Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add carrots, orange peel and ¾ cup orange juice. Cover; simmer 10-12 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, continuing to cook carrots until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining ¼ cup orange juice and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into carrot mixture. Cook, stirring until thickened. Return chicken and add green onion; heat. Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings.