- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek, white and light green parts
- 1 cup diced carrot
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup low-salt vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes or until leek starts to brown.
- Add orzo; stir in with the vegetables. Add water, broth, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 11 minutes or until orzo is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent orzo from sticking to the pan.
- Add peas, parsley and cheese; stir to combine.