- Pastry for a single 9-inch crust
- 4 cups sliced, pitted, peeled fresh peaches or frozen peaches, thawed ¼ cup sugar or equal amount preferred sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unroll pastry and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- In bowl combine peaches, sugar, flour, cinnamon and extract. Toss gently together until peaches are coated with mixture.
- Spread peach mixture over the crust evenly, leaving a 2-inch border around the edge of pastry. Bring pastry edge toward center, overlapping as necessary.
- Bake tart in preheated 425 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and peaches are tender.
Makes 8 servings.