Peanut Butter Bars
- Vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup softened butter or butter-oil blend
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry quick cooking oats
- 1 (6-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In electric mixer at medium speed cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla to butter-sugar mixture. Beat well.
- In small bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, blending well. Stir in oats.
- Spread mixture into baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; evenly sprinkle the top with chocolate morsels.
- Let stand for 5 minutes so chocolate can melt. Spread the chocolate evenly over the top. Cool in pan on cooking rack.
- Cut into bars and store in airtight container.