- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 medium egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup finely chopped pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar, egg substitute, canola oil and extract in another medium bowl. With electric mixer on high speed; cream together until smooth and fluffy.
- Reduce to medium-low speed; gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture and beat until well-blended.
- Drop mixture 2 inches apart by level teaspoons onto cookie sheet. Top each cookie with a sprinkle of the nuts.
- Bake 7 minutes. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove with metal spatula. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 2 dozen small cookies.