Penne Pasta with Spinach
- 1 (8-ounce) package multigrain penne pasta
- 2 cups homemade spaghetti sauce
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to package ingredients.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in saucepan until bubbly. Stir in spinach. Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta. Return pasta to the same pot. Add tomato-spinach mixture. Toss to coat evenly. Divide into 8 serving bowls. Top with cheese and basil.
Makes 8 servings
Note: Other vegetables can be added to the spaghetti sauce such as grated zucchini, broccoli florets or bell pepper chunks.