- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup solid-packed pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Pour heavy cream in glass or metal mixing bowl. Whip with mixer until thickened. Add vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl beat together the softened cream cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Be sure there are no lumps from the cream cheese.
- Place a big spoonful of whipped cream in bowl with pumpkin mixture. Fold the two together gently.
- Transfer about 1/3 of the pumpkin mixture back to the bowl with the whipped cream and gently fold them together. Once incorporated, repeat with the second 1/3 of the mixture, and then again once more with the final third of the pumpkin mixture. Make sure to fold gently and do not vigorously stir to prevent the whipped cream from losing its volume.
- Once the mixtures are fully incorporated and smooth, the mousse is ready. Chill until serving time.