Red and Green Apple Salad with Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and patted dry if frozen
- 1½ tablespoons raspberry vinegar, red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 red apple, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 1 medium celery stalk, cut into ¼ -inch slices
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- In small bowl, mash raspberries with a fork. Add the vinegar, oil, mint, shallot, honey and mustard, whisking until well blended.
- Arrange remaining ingredients on salad plates. Drizzle with dressing over each salad. Makes 2 servings.