Rice and Bean Casserole
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 (8-ounce) can unsalted tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 avocados, very ripe
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of garlic salt
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, combine the rice, broth, beans, tomato sauce, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Stir well, then cover TIGHTLY with tin foil. Place in oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Guacamole: in mixing bowl mash avocados and then mix with cumin, garlic salt and lime juice.
- Serve casserole in bowls topped with guacamole.