Salmon and Green Bean Salad with Pasta
- ½ lb. fresh salmon
- 8 ounces small whole-grain pasta shells
- ¾ cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line small pan with foil. Place salmon on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in oven about 12 minutes or until flakey. Let chill slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain; rinse under cold running water until pasta and green beans are cool. Drain.
- In medium bowl combine pasta, green beans, carrots and salmon.
- Place cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, dill, onion and mustard in food processor until smooth. Pour over pasta mixture. Gently toss to coat evenly.
Makes 6 servings.