Shrimp and Mango Kabobs over Orzo
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 10 ounces large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 14 cherry tomatoes, divided
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 9 scallions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Pour teriyaki sauce in resealable plastic storage bag. Place shrimp in bag, shake to coat with sauce and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Remove shrimp and reserve remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Make 4 kabobs, starting with 1 cherry tomato, then alternate with 1 shrimp, 1 mango and 1 scallion; end with 1 cherry tomato. Brush remaining teriyaki sauce over kabobs. Grill kabobs, turning once until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 8-12 minutes total.
- Meanwhile, dice remaining 6 cherry tomatoes; set aside. In large saucepan combine chicken broth, water, orzo and garlic. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook 10 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted and orzo is cooked through. Serve shrimp kabob over orzo.
Makes 4 servings.