Spicy Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- ½ cup roasted red bell pepper
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl, stir together broccoli, carrot, onion and bell pepper.
- In small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients except for Parmesan cheese. Pour over broccoli mixture. Stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. Before serving sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Makes 2 servings.