Spinach and Roasted Tomato Pizza
- 1 prepared whole wheat pizza crust
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup finely shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cherry tomato halves with olive oil. Spread the tomatoes in a signal layer on baking sheet. Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes while assembling the other ingredients.
- Place the pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread the pesto evenly over the top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the tomato halves and chopped red pepper over the pesto; sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with the spinach leaves.
- Bake in hot oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and the spinach is wilted. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
Makes 6 servings.