Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15½ -ounce) can rinsed kidney or black beans
- 1 (14½ -ounce can) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded 2% cheese
- Pierce potatoes with fork. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until tender. Stir in beans, tomatoes, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- To serve: Place potatoes on individual plates. Crisscross cut the top of each potato. Spoon bean mixture over potatoes. Top with sour cream and cheese.
- Other toppers: bacon bits, salsa, hummus, guacamole, leftover heated veggies such as broccoli and cauliflower.
Makes 4 servings.