Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium red or white potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 1/3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ounce shredded 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pierce potatoes in several areas with a fork. Place in microwave and cook on HIGH 11 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- In medium saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cover, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and set aside. Cut any larger pieces into bite size pieces.
- Split cooked potatoes lengthwise almost in half. Scoop out the insides and place in mixing bowl. Add sour cream and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture back into the potatoes. Top with broccoli, and then sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place stuffed potato halves into a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Note: Other herbs and spices can be added to the sour cream to change the flavoring of the dish.