Summer Squash Pizza
- 1 pre-made pizza crust such as Boboli
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ¼ -inch slices
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into slices
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare grill.
- In large bowl toss gently together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, zucchini and yellow squash slices. Place squash mixture onto grill rack. Grill for 2 minutes on each side until tender.
- Coat pizza pan lightly with vegetable spray. Place pizza crust on the pan. Arrange zucchini and squash slices evenly over the crust. Arrange tomato slices over squash. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle the top with basil and oregano before serving.