Summer Time Chili
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 ounces ham, optional
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 3 fresh medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes and place in bowl. Cover with hot water and set aside. Roughly chop the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat olive oil in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and chili powder for 5 minutes.
- Slice ham into strips and dice the pepper. Add both to the onion mixture and cook 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Roughly chop the tomatoes. Drain the sun-dried tomatoes, reserving ½ cup liquid.
- Add tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and reserved liquid and beans to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and garnish with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.