Summer Time Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil and 1 clove garlic in large bowl; mix well. Add bread cubes; toss to coat evenly. Spread in single layer on baking sheet.
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil and remaining garlic in same bowl. Add asparagus and carrot; toss to coat evenly. Spread on separate baking sheet.
- Bake bread cubes and vegetables 15 minutes, stirring once. Let stand 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, vinegar, remaining1 tablespoon oil, lemon juice, mustard in salad bowl; mix well. Add bread cubes and vegetables; gently toss to coat evenly. Top with cheese just before serving.
Makes 4 servings.