Super Oatmeal Cookies
- 10 tablespoons butter or no-trans-fat margarine
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dry old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup Life® or other crunchy low-sugar cereal
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dry roasted sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a bowl whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and beat just until combined.
- Stir in oats and cereal. Stir in cherries, almonds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake in oven until golden brown about 12-14 minutes.