- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 cups thickly shredded green cabbage (1 small head)
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- Heat oil over medium heat in large nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook until soft. Add carrots and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage. Sprinkle brown sugar, sage and black pepper over the cabbage. Cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage is wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, increase heat to medium-high. Cook until cabbage is well-coated, about 3 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 4 servings.