Sweet Potato Chili
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ -inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup salsa
- Place sweet potato cubes in large saucepan. Add water to cover potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until almost tender. Drain potatoes in colander.
- Add oil to saucepan and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder; stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes with juices, beans, salsa and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.