Sweet Potatoes with Caramelized Sherry Onions
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, pierced several times with fork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place potatoes in microwave. Cook on HIGH for 11 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sugar. Cook 9-10 minutes or until richly browned, stirring frequently. Add remaining ingredients and cook 30 seconds or until liquid is reduced slightly.
- Split potatoes almost in half, fluff with a fork. Spoon equal amounts of onion mixture on each potato. Makes 4 servings.