- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ lb. ground turkey
- 1¾ teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cups washed and torn lettuce leaves
- 1 (14½ -ounce) can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Baked tortilla chips
- Combine oil and garlic in small bowl; set aside to marinate.
- Combine turkey, chili powder and cumin in nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
- In large salad bowl, stir together turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, pinto beans, cucumber, corn and onion.
- Remove garlic from oil. Discard garlic. Add vinegar to oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Serve with tortilla chops. Makes 4 servings.