- 4 red or Yukon gold potatoes, 6 ounces each, scrubbed and pierced with a fork
- 8 ounces extra-lean ground beef or ground turkey or soy veggie crumbles
- ½ (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- ½ cup shredded 2% sharp Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- Place potatoes in microwave and cook on HIGH for 6-7 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, place a medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add the beef and cook until browned, stirring frequently. Add the seasoning mix and water and stir to blend. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Split the cooked potatoes almost in half and fluff with a fork. Fill with equal amounts of the beef mixture. Top with equal amounts of the remaining ingredients in the order listed.
Makes 4 servings.