Tomato and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1¾ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup snipped parsley
- In medium saucepan, stir together tomatoes with liquid, broth, roasted peppers, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in oil and sugar. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.