Tuna Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup uncooked fine-grain bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 (5-ounce) cans white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and flaked
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 cups watercress, with tough stems removed
- Place water in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add bulgur. Cover and let stand 15 minutes. Place bulgur in fine mesh sieve under cold water; shake off excess water.
- In large bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion and bulgur to the dressing; stir to combine. Gently stir in tuna and parsley.
- Arrange watercress on 4 serving plates; divide the tuna salad evenly between the plates.