Turkey and Chickpea Meatballs
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked couscous per person
- To food processor add chickpeas; pulse until roughly chopped. Spoon into a mixing bowl. Add ground turkey, crumbling as it is added. Add egg, salt and pepper; mix well until combined. Form mixture into 12 medium-sized meatballs.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Add meatballs and sear until browned on all sides. Cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove meatballs and set aside.
- In same skillet add onions; cook for a few minutes. Add Moroccan seasoning, tomatoes and apricots. Heat to simmer and then reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add meatballs back to skillet; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked couscous.