Upside-Down Pineapple Cake
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter-oil blend, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple slices; reserve ¾ cup juice. Place pineapple rings evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Pour molasses evenly over pineapple. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- In bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat together butter blend, vanilla, brown sugar, and egg whites. Add reserved pineapple juice, flour and baking soda. Beat until smooth. Pour batter over pineapple. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting. Store in refrigerator. For best flavor, let cake sit overnight before serving.