Vegetable-Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup thinly sliced leek, white part only
- ½ cup chopped carrot
- ½ cup chopped turnip
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces uncooked wide noodles
- 1 cup diced boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine celery, leek, carrots, turnip and 1/3 cup chicken broth in large saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining broth, parsley, thyme, rosemary, vinegar and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add noodles. Cook until noodles are tender. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until heated through. Makes 6 servings.