- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- ¾ cup chopped fresh broccoli
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat broiler. Sauté garlic and onion in skillet for 1 minute. Add remaining vegetables, except spinach. Stir to coat with oil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook vegetables over medium heat until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg/egg whites; add salt and pepper if desired. Add spinach to skillet, and pour egg whites over vegetables. Cook until egg whites are firm but the top of the mixture is still slightly undercooked.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and place the skillet under the broiler until egg whites are cooked and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.